~ThE FreezinG PoiNt~

*Behind Her Smile Is Pain*Behind The Pain Is Misery*Behind The Misery Is Suffering*Behind The Suffering Are Drops of Tears*And Behind It All, It Is You*

Friday, July 18, 2008

I’m LongKang-ed

The week finally ended and I’m drained, totally.


It had been a busy week. It’s time to reflect on these five days at work.


1. starting to get a feel of how things go and work.


2. the urge to fight on and learn is getting stronger albeit the fact that I do not know how long this feeling will last.


3. I strongly believe that I can do it, and it is only the beginning few months which will be the most difficult for me to go through. In LK’s words : “you have to dirty your hands” yes agree, I have to dirty my hands in order to learn, in order to wiggle my way through to find out how things are done. In actual fact, after one paiseh attempt to go ask, in my colleague’s view, a stupid question, I learnt my lesson. Now, I will try to figure things out myself first, if things ain’t moving then I will seek help. And I am glad to say that I did that today. I took pains to find and refer to previous cases then try to set up details in the system. And I managed to create quite a decent piece of work. :)


5. time flies.


4. Raffles place is like a city in itself. During lunch, the ‘city-dwellers’ come out in bus-loads for their energy boosting meal. And this is when I start playing my own guessing game. I will people watch and start to guess what occupation the strangers walking by me are in. mind you, they could be lawyers, remisers, bankers, headhunters, cleaners, clerks, directors, and the list goes on… thing is, the ‘city-dwellers’ as compared to tanjong pagar, city hall or bugis are more ‘hiao’ especially the ladies. To dress up is the norm, you will not see the OL as in the auntie kind of OL in raffles place. Occasional few, perhaps but the majority are well-dressed and fit into the crowd. The males are no different. Their shirts are raoul-alike. Not like china-man type of ‘anytime can tear/translucent’ material.


6. Where and what to eat for lunch is always a challenge. No doubt that there are plenty of options, but the crowd, the price all comes into consideration.


7. I’m getting my first pay-check in 2.5 hrs time. $$$$$


I’m really tired.. I need SLEEP.

 
Disclaimer
This website is intended only as display of author's writings and is not meant to be taken seriously.There is no intention on the part of the author(s) of this website to make any untrue, misleading, or defamatory statements concerning any person in particular, a group, or Singapore as a country, nor to make any statement intended to cause offense.If any such offense has been caused, the author(s) apologize(s) and unconditionally retract(s) the offending statement.