~ThE FreezinG PoiNt~

*Behind Her Smile Is Pain*Behind The Pain Is Misery*Behind The Misery Is Suffering*Behind The Suffering Are Drops of Tears*And Behind It All, It Is You*

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Reign of the Lion King

Oh well, it’s my second day at my new workplace. Many thoughts run through my mind the whole day.

To start with, I think I am suffering from anxiety attack or some funky stress syndrome. I couldn’t get to sleep for the past 3 nights. I just keep flipping like a dying fish on the bed, craving for desired sleep but couldn’t. Damn. The image of the Lion King and what I perceived will happen keep appearing and re-appearing in my mind continuously. Thoughts about whether have I done the right thing, behaved the right way keep flashing in my brain over and over again. Is this normal? Or am I just being paranoid? Well, I guess after a couple of failed attempts, I’m extremely conscious of my every move. But heck, deep down, it’s telling me to be myself. However I know it will be hard as my workplace is such a fake place, how can we reveal real and true feelings? For those who do that will be fools.

Been reading through pages and pages of guidelines, protocols, compliance reading materials, policies etc etc etc. one million and one tests to take (and must pass). A zillion and one things on the intranet to look through. A gazillion number of passwords to remember!!! Can you imagine that someone working for a few years in the company has to write down his passwords, if not will definitely forget. Login password, email password, messaging password, systems(many many) password, intranet password, Arghhhhh..

Good thing is, everything on the intranet is very interactive and interesting to read and find out more about. Everything little thing is documented, can’t go wrong. Just follow law. Security is Number One. Very efficient, everything set up swee swee on my first day, including name tag to be put on my desk… stationery..table clean clean..systems set-up..name in the phone list and directory..computer turned on for me even! Basically it’s everything but my bank account and atm card. Hahahahahaha. That’s pretty impressive actually. Given the scale of its operations and how efficient things are. If it’s at foolish xelox, man……… system alone takes 3 months.. email takes a week.. name tag takes another two weeks… waiting game..
Bad thing is, what if you miss out anything??? Man………. Can’t imagine…

Had lunch (reluctantly) with Lion King, to some viet café. I know I do not have a choice as it is part of induction…tomolo having team lunch.. (again reluctantly) – you know I hate all these wayang shit. Back to the viet café, 1st of all, it is uber duper smelly! And I smelt like Vietnamese noodles the whole afternoon!! Gosh. I hate all that smell!!!! 2nd of all, I do not have common topic to talk with her about.. it’s a torture to face someone for 1.5 hours not knowing what to talk about freely. So I started interviewing her about her family, her kid.. her life……… and I made blunders. Try to smart act. TMD in the end the Lion King is smarter. So paiseh. There were so many awkward silences.. awkward stares into blank space.. arghhhhhhh.. at the end of day, 2 words: NO CHEMISTRY. Ah fuck, no chemistry in senseless talk cok session is ok, but MUST have chemistry in work!

I’m being tucked at one corner of the office, far far away from the rest of the team. Good and bad I supposed.. good is, far from the claws of Lion King, so it’s harder for her to hound and pound at me. Bad is the wall and compacters are my only friends. Man… no one to bloody talk to. Only through messaging. No communication with my other team members. But yet again, the office is so so quiet that even a pin drop also very LOUD, let alone talking. Verdict: uncertain. As much as I wanna be open and friendly, this arrangement somehow doesn’t allow that to happen. Is it fated? Fated that I have to be a lone ranger in my work life FOREVER???

Tomolo, I will be having a 1st one-to-one session with Lion King. She will be briefing me on work, jobscope and stuff… 2 grueling hours..

Damn. I think I will start to roar instead of speak if I continue to see and talk to her everyday.
 
Disclaimer
This website is intended only as display of author's writings and is not meant to be taken seriously.There is no intention on the part of the author(s) of this website to make any untrue, misleading, or defamatory statements concerning any person in particular, a group, or Singapore as a country, nor to make any statement intended to cause offense.If any such offense has been caused, the author(s) apologize(s) and unconditionally retract(s) the offending statement.