3 weeks? 3 months.........
It’s a tough decision. But somehow I made that decision, with my heart feeling a little disappointed though.
I kinda traded 3 weeks for 3 months.
Time: 1145am.
Place: Dental clinic @ Paragon
After looking at my teeth, my orthodontist told me that he is 99% satisfied with my teeth and that I will be able to remove my braces in 3 weeks’ time. In my heart, I was delighted. But I asked him, what is the 1% that he is not satisfied. To be honest deep down, I knew what it is but just to be sure, I asked him. He asked me back the same question. What do I think is the 1%. I replied: “my 2 front teeth”.
“Yes” was the answer.
I had told my orthodontist last month that I noticed that my two front teeth wasn’t flat against each other. In other words, I can see that one front tooth is slightly in front of the other. Just a teeny weeny bit. But it is enough for me to feel conscious about. This is due to the unevenness of my 2 teeth. Thus, I feel that one tooth is slightly in front of the other.
He told me that he can do something about the situation. Just to try it out. To camouflage the effect by pushing one of the teeth further in. the downside: it takes time, at least 3 months that is.
It’s a tough choice.
On one hand, I kinda had enough of my bracie days. Had enough of the feeling of food stucked in my teeth, had enough of feeling embarrassed over me spitting my saliva every time I talk etc. on the other hand, I am conscious about the little ‘defect’. No matter what I had spent $$ and time on this whole treatment. It had been 13 months. Effectively, the whole treatment could have ended in 14 months. But I made the call to prolong it to 16 months (or maybe a little lesser).
Then I calm down and heard an inner voice told me that, I had spent a year on this, what’s another 3 months? It’s not as if it’s going to take 3 years. I had spent so much $$ on this treatment. At the end of the day, what is my goal? To have perfect straight-looking teeth. So that I can flash a beautiful pearlie white smile to people. With the little defect, I know that it’s like a little knot in my heart.
Then I told my orthodontist to go ahead and do the adjustments.
He assured me that within 3 months, he will be able to tell him my front teeth is responsive and thus make the final call when I can remove my braces. Which I am happy. In any case, end Sep is the date he told me.
When I left the clinic, my heart felt a little heavy. The demons are fighting again. I do not know if I had made the right choice. Afterall, he can’t promise me that the adjustments will make wonder. It is a risk that I choose to take. The result could end up the same as yesterday. = back to square one. Then I would have wasted 3 months.
Fuck it.
I am home and it is done. At the end of the day I told myself that if I’m not happy, next month I will just go back to him and tell him that I can live with the ‘defect’ for the rest of my life, remove the braces. Period.
For now, I can only pray that my little fren will be co-operative and start to twist a little very quickly. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
I kinda traded 3 weeks for 3 months.
Time: 1145am.
Place: Dental clinic @ Paragon
After looking at my teeth, my orthodontist told me that he is 99% satisfied with my teeth and that I will be able to remove my braces in 3 weeks’ time. In my heart, I was delighted. But I asked him, what is the 1% that he is not satisfied. To be honest deep down, I knew what it is but just to be sure, I asked him. He asked me back the same question. What do I think is the 1%. I replied: “my 2 front teeth”.
“Yes” was the answer.
I had told my orthodontist last month that I noticed that my two front teeth wasn’t flat against each other. In other words, I can see that one front tooth is slightly in front of the other. Just a teeny weeny bit. But it is enough for me to feel conscious about. This is due to the unevenness of my 2 teeth. Thus, I feel that one tooth is slightly in front of the other.
He told me that he can do something about the situation. Just to try it out. To camouflage the effect by pushing one of the teeth further in. the downside: it takes time, at least 3 months that is.
It’s a tough choice.
On one hand, I kinda had enough of my bracie days. Had enough of the feeling of food stucked in my teeth, had enough of feeling embarrassed over me spitting my saliva every time I talk etc. on the other hand, I am conscious about the little ‘defect’. No matter what I had spent $$ and time on this whole treatment. It had been 13 months. Effectively, the whole treatment could have ended in 14 months. But I made the call to prolong it to 16 months (or maybe a little lesser).
Then I calm down and heard an inner voice told me that, I had spent a year on this, what’s another 3 months? It’s not as if it’s going to take 3 years. I had spent so much $$ on this treatment. At the end of the day, what is my goal? To have perfect straight-looking teeth. So that I can flash a beautiful pearlie white smile to people. With the little defect, I know that it’s like a little knot in my heart.
Then I told my orthodontist to go ahead and do the adjustments.
He assured me that within 3 months, he will be able to tell him my front teeth is responsive and thus make the final call when I can remove my braces. Which I am happy. In any case, end Sep is the date he told me.
When I left the clinic, my heart felt a little heavy. The demons are fighting again. I do not know if I had made the right choice. Afterall, he can’t promise me that the adjustments will make wonder. It is a risk that I choose to take. The result could end up the same as yesterday. = back to square one. Then I would have wasted 3 months.
Fuck it.
I am home and it is done. At the end of the day I told myself that if I’m not happy, next month I will just go back to him and tell him that I can live with the ‘defect’ for the rest of my life, remove the braces. Period.
For now, I can only pray that my little fren will be co-operative and start to twist a little very quickly. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.


<< Home