Home is Hell
It seems that history is repeating itself. It happened 5 years ago and I feel like it is happening again.
Why is it that family problems is the number one issue in every of my relationship? 5 years ago was the irritating Vietnamese nephew. Now, is the most horribly naughty little boy I had ever met in my life. The thing in common is that they are causing the frequent quarrels between my bf and me. But most importantly, it seriously raised questions on how I can continue on with the relationship. All the incidents that happened reflected and showed how a man and his family deal with problems, and I personally think is disgusting. Not that I brag that I can teach a child to be good natured or well behaved. But, the fact remains that love education do not always work. And by barking like a mad dog with no bite in front of the child is useless. Let alone giving in to the child on every every every thing.
What’s the point of holding the cane to scare the child when you don’t have the heart to hit? Throw it away!! One time? Two times? Three times, the child will think that you are just dancing in front of him. So will he behave the next time??? The answer is NO!
What’s the point of keep using your mouth and say, cannot do this cannot do that, if you do this I will bring you to the doc and let the doc give you injections?? If you do that I will whip out the plasters and stick it on your face??? One time? Two times? Three times, the child will think you are singing a lullaby. So will he be well mannered?? The answer is NO!
Seriously I had never seen or known a child as naughty and ill mannered as this one. Not even my nephew. I used to think that my nephew was naughty who at times refused to ‘call” me when I go home. Boy, I was wrong. After my scoldings and hitting (for hitting adults), he learnt that he should be well-behaved. Or at least when we, adults, ask him to do certain things, he will obey. Talk about the one at cck??? My gosh.
I feel that my heart is at the cross-roads. Deep down I truly understand and strongly believe that that is the way a man will behave in time to come. People always say that look at how your man treats his family. That is exactly the way he will treat you in future. I HATE to go back to a house of QUARRELS, SHOUTING, you shouldn’t do this shouldn’t do that etc. even in my own house, with my family, I also cannot take it cannot stand it. I just want peace and harmony when I step into the place I call HOME. And not feel like I had stepped into a MENTAL HOSPITAL where all the siao lang shout here and there!
Things that he do :
1) Gyin and Siong people (including his own parents)
2) Open the fridge door a million times a day
3) Open the kitchen drawers and throw everything on the floor
4) Take things without permission or asking
5) Loves to take money on the table
6) Do not acknowledge people when at home or reach home
7) Hit adults when buay song.
8) Loves to pester the adults to go and buy tidbits.
9) Must eat tidbits EVERYDAY b4 meal
10) Must have whatever an adult is eating or taking or holding.
11) Loves to do things on purpose, if you don’t like it, he loves to do it.
Things that the adults do in response to the above:
1) keep saying that they will whip out the plaster and paste his eyes
2) keep saying “don’t open, there is nothing inside”
3) no response and quietly pack everything back into the drawer when he is done with the mess he created
4) no response, occasional will say “cannot take huh”
5) no response, “your money is my money mentality”
6) no response, never even teach or ask the child to acknowledge people. COMPLETELY no manners!
7) no response, and allow the hitting to continue until the child is song and will still pacify him by saying “okay la okay la”
8) will adhere to the child’s request and go and buy, if never go and buy, SURE to give him something at home to eat to pacify him
9) will give in to him and let him have his lethal dose of EVERYDAY junk food.
10) Will give in and give whatever the adult is eating to him, unless it’s meat. Otherwise, he will have a share of it.
11) No response and let him be
I give up.
Why is it that family problems is the number one issue in every of my relationship? 5 years ago was the irritating Vietnamese nephew. Now, is the most horribly naughty little boy I had ever met in my life. The thing in common is that they are causing the frequent quarrels between my bf and me. But most importantly, it seriously raised questions on how I can continue on with the relationship. All the incidents that happened reflected and showed how a man and his family deal with problems, and I personally think is disgusting. Not that I brag that I can teach a child to be good natured or well behaved. But, the fact remains that love education do not always work. And by barking like a mad dog with no bite in front of the child is useless. Let alone giving in to the child on every every every thing.
What’s the point of holding the cane to scare the child when you don’t have the heart to hit? Throw it away!! One time? Two times? Three times, the child will think that you are just dancing in front of him. So will he behave the next time??? The answer is NO!
What’s the point of keep using your mouth and say, cannot do this cannot do that, if you do this I will bring you to the doc and let the doc give you injections?? If you do that I will whip out the plasters and stick it on your face??? One time? Two times? Three times, the child will think you are singing a lullaby. So will he be well mannered?? The answer is NO!
Seriously I had never seen or known a child as naughty and ill mannered as this one. Not even my nephew. I used to think that my nephew was naughty who at times refused to ‘call” me when I go home. Boy, I was wrong. After my scoldings and hitting (for hitting adults), he learnt that he should be well-behaved. Or at least when we, adults, ask him to do certain things, he will obey. Talk about the one at cck??? My gosh.
I feel that my heart is at the cross-roads. Deep down I truly understand and strongly believe that that is the way a man will behave in time to come. People always say that look at how your man treats his family. That is exactly the way he will treat you in future. I HATE to go back to a house of QUARRELS, SHOUTING, you shouldn’t do this shouldn’t do that etc. even in my own house, with my family, I also cannot take it cannot stand it. I just want peace and harmony when I step into the place I call HOME. And not feel like I had stepped into a MENTAL HOSPITAL where all the siao lang shout here and there!
Things that he do :
1) Gyin and Siong people (including his own parents)
2) Open the fridge door a million times a day
3) Open the kitchen drawers and throw everything on the floor
4) Take things without permission or asking
5) Loves to take money on the table
6) Do not acknowledge people when at home or reach home
7) Hit adults when buay song.
8) Loves to pester the adults to go and buy tidbits.
9) Must eat tidbits EVERYDAY b4 meal
10) Must have whatever an adult is eating or taking or holding.
11) Loves to do things on purpose, if you don’t like it, he loves to do it.
Things that the adults do in response to the above:
1) keep saying that they will whip out the plaster and paste his eyes
2) keep saying “don’t open, there is nothing inside”
3) no response and quietly pack everything back into the drawer when he is done with the mess he created
4) no response, occasional will say “cannot take huh”
5) no response, “your money is my money mentality”
6) no response, never even teach or ask the child to acknowledge people. COMPLETELY no manners!
7) no response, and allow the hitting to continue until the child is song and will still pacify him by saying “okay la okay la”
8) will adhere to the child’s request and go and buy, if never go and buy, SURE to give him something at home to eat to pacify him
9) will give in to him and let him have his lethal dose of EVERYDAY junk food.
10) Will give in and give whatever the adult is eating to him, unless it’s meat. Otherwise, he will have a share of it.
11) No response and let him be
I give up.


<< Home