~ThE FreezinG PoiNt~

*Behind Her Smile Is Pain*Behind The Pain Is Misery*Behind The Misery Is Suffering*Behind The Suffering Are Drops of Tears*And Behind It All, It Is You*

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

SpongeBob SquarePants

Do you know how it feels to be a sponge? I do.

The feeling sucks. As the pressure and weight slowly sips into you, you start to feel heavier and heavier. Till the time where you realize that you can’t soak up anymore. It’s time for a break. Go for some fresh air, take a breather, grab a cuppa to relieve the mounting pressure that’s running through your blood, your soul. Trust me, you will really feel better. Take some slow deep breaths, that helps too.

The stress level is increasing at an accelerating speed. It is scary. LK has been swarming me with lots and lots of work. Whether I possess the know-how to do the required job is not her consideration. She just throw and throw all the work at me. Like all people love to say: “throw you in the sea, sink or float”

Gosh, I think I’m drowning.

Or perhaps, I should describe myself as being stucked in a pool of quicksand. The more I struggle, the faster I’ll be sucked into it. Thus, when the pressure vibes shoot up to my brain, I tell myself over and over again to relax and plan. And also, just do what I plan to do. Afterall, I’m only human and it is just a job. I do not need to lose my mind, my life, my everything to be a slave. Now I know how it feels like to work under the management of a LADY BOSS. The pain is excruciating. The torture is indescribable.

LK has began her hounding. Since the beginning of this week, she had dropped several atomic bombs at me. First email I read on Monday morning titled “transfer of accounts”. No prizes for guessing it right. Yes, she finally had decided to formally dump some accounts to me. I picked up 13 big names, in one go. Out of which, 3 are due for review in August. BIG NAMES. Tuesday, after lunch, LK dropped a 2ND bomb. As one of my colleagues is covering another colleague who is on course, LK ordered that I should help the earlier on an “urgent” case (mind you, it’s with LIMITED information). 210pm was the time she told me to help. She said: “I want it by noon tomorrow” In my heart, I was cursing and swearing already but I still have to put on a smile and say “okay, sure”. Soon, I was feeling panicky. Fuck. Gimme 24 hours to complete something which usually takes about 4 days to a week to finish?? Testing me or what? La-La-Lam, I pushed everything that I was originally doing aside and started on the “urgent” assignment. Of course I couldn’t finish, so I brought home to do some. Then this morning, piah like hell again once reach office. Clock ticking. Shit. LK made her rounds at 10 plus and asked how is it progressing. Reported. Noon time soon, and I am not done. Double shit. So I asked my colleague by what time does she need the work to be done. She told me end of the day. More relieved, but still stressed. After lunch, LK made her second round of the day and asked how AGAIN and whether I need help. TMD !@#$%$#@@#$. She really think I am God? Can produce a miracle or wonder piece of work, given the tight timeframe and limited info where everything needs to be calculated manually????? The 3rd bomb came by way of an email at 4plus. This time is to help my that colleague who is on course on one of her case. To input data in the system. Sounds easy? FUCK. I had never done so before and no one has showed me an example how to do it. See how I die tomolo. Wa lan eh. Seriously, I’m not even done with that “urgent case” throw me another case. Again I must re-iterate that whether I have the know-how to do what is required is DEFINITELY not her concern. She just wants work to be done, however it is. Urgent or not, she just dun like the idea of having work being left idle. But plsssssssssssss, if it’s really not urgent, then why does she have to spoil people’s mood and affect their morale by forcing her way through to get someone to do it IMMEDIATELY?? Now it seems that the team has only 3 members. Half strength, when we actually have 6. One person on course, it’s only me and the other colleague helping. The remaining 3?? I really have no fuck idea. People go on one day leave, also must COVER, and it’s really COVER FULL FLEDGE. Basically she had made it become that if anyone in the team is on leave, the covering buddy will be doing the work of the person on leave ONLY. Then what about the cover’s own work?? Becoz LK doesn’t like work to be left hanging. She created this negative sentiment about people taking leave. Probably I should give her a copy of the Today newspaper and ask her to read the headlines. Creating the fear of taking long leave.

All she wants is quality work, but how on earth can you get quality work when everything you want fast? Fast does not equal efficient. And more often than not, work done quickly tends to be shoddy and full of mistakes. I can’t comprehend what LK is thinking. The only thing I admire her is that no matter what she do, she ensures that her ass is fully covered.

Hai. What a life I’m leading now. Basically it’s no life.

Consolation is, at this moment, this sponge has released some of the soaked up pressure for the day. For now, that is.
 
Disclaimer
This website is intended only as display of author's writings and is not meant to be taken seriously.There is no intention on the part of the author(s) of this website to make any untrue, misleading, or defamatory statements concerning any person in particular, a group, or Singapore as a country, nor to make any statement intended to cause offense.If any such offense has been caused, the author(s) apologize(s) and unconditionally retract(s) the offending statement.